The System Couldn’t Connect to Another Console Session? Here are the Fixes
The “Your computer could not connect to the console session on the remote computer as you already have a session in progress” error occurs when the network adapter on both the computers have the same Internet Protocol address. To know how to fix this issue, check out the solutions mentioned below.
Renew the IP Address and Flush the DNS
You can renew the IP address and flush the DNS by pursuing these steps:
- Firstly, hit the button of ‘Type here to search’ on the taskbar of Windows 10.
- After that, insert ‘cmd’ in it and hit the Enter key to launch the Command Prompt.
- Once you get Command Prompt, right-click on it, then click on the option of Run as administrator.
- Now, input the following commands, then hit the Enter key individually:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- Finally, close the Command Prompt and reboot the system.
Adding a Remote Desktop User
You can add a remote desktop user by pursuing these steps:
- Hit the Win + R combination to launch the Run prompt.
- Therefore, input ‘system.cpl’ in it and select the OK button to invoke the System Properties prompt.
- You should select the tab of Remote.
- Don’t forget to mark both boxes of “Allow remote connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Local Authentication settings” and “Allow remote connections.”
- You should select ‘Select Users.’
- After that, select the option of Add.
- Later, hit on the button of Advanced.
- You have to select the option of ‘Find Now.’
- Add the user, once found.
- Finally, tap on the OK button.
Disable the Windows Firewall
You can disable the Windows firewall by pursuing these steps:
- Hit the Win + S combination on the keyboard to launch the Search section.
- Thereafter, insert ‘firewall’ in it and press the Enter button to open the “Windows Defender Firewall” screen.
- You should click on the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ option to launch the remaining options.
- Later, choose the radio button for ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.’
- You have to hit the OK button.
- In case disabling the firewall solves the problem, select the “Allow an app or feature through the firewall Windows Defender Firewall” option from the left side of the screen of Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on ‘Change settings.’
- You should mark every box for Remote Desktop inside the ‘Allowed apps’ screen.
- Now, hit OK to verify the new settings of the Windows Defender Firewall.
Disable or Uninstall MS Firewall Client for ISA Server
You can disable or uninstall the MS firewall client for the ISA server by pursuing these steps:
- Hit the Win + R keys to launch the Run prompt.
- Then insert ‘appwiz.cpl’ in it and select the OK button.
- After that, click on the Microsoft Firewall Client from the list of software.
- Now, hit on the Uninstall button and press the Yes button to verify.
Everleig is a Blog expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Everleig has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as cnext.uk.com
Source: onsole Session