In this article, we have discussed some fixes you may try using on your Android TV when it is not getting displayed in Google Home. In the Internet of Things ecosystem, your smart device may take a comparatively higher amount of time than a non-smart device.
Let us understand it better with the reference to an Android TV that often gets disconnected from Google Home and doesn’t even appear in the app. A vast number of users reported that their Android TV was not able to figure out Google Home even if their internet connection was stable, which has made their smart experience highly annoying.
So, if you are among the users that are facing the same issue, we will help you in fixing it once and for all. Just go through the steps that we have mentioned below.
Fixes to Be Followed if Android TV Does Not Show in Google Home
Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below if your Android TV is not showing in Google Home:
- The first thing that you need to do is to check your Google account that you have linked to your Android TV. It should be the same one that is attached to your device. Android TV won’t appear up in Google Home unless a similar account is linked to both Android TV and smartphone.
- For the cross confirmation of the Google account attached with your Android TV, head over to Settings, click on Accounts, and further tap on Sign-in. There you can easily check your Google account that is linked with your Android TV, and also, you can add a new account if required.
- Similarly, if you want to check the Google account linked to your smartphone, tap on the Settings on your handset, and go to the option “Google.” You can also add a new account there if needed.
- The very next thing you need to do is setting up your Android TV on the Google Home app manually. But before you do that, ensure that your Android TV and smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network. To do this, click on “+” appearing on the upper-left side of your Google Home app and tap on the option “Set up device.” Further, click on “New Device” and allow the search function to find a new device for your Android TV. Once it has been found, click on it, and the Android TV will be added to the Google Home app.
- In case your Android TV is still not connecting with Google Home, go to the Settings page on your TV, click on Apps, then on See All Apps, and lastly on Google. There you need to click on “Uninstall Updates,” and alongside that, you need to clear your stored data. Then go to your Android TV’s Play Store and update the Google app.
- Location can also be a leading factor why your Android TV might be unable to find Google Home. So you need to make sure that you have granted permissions regarding the location. To check that, long press on Google Home and further click on the “App Info” option. Now go to the “Permissions” and check if the permissions for “Location” are granted or not. Also, check if the location is enabled on your Android device or not. Go to Settings, then tap on Location and enable the toggle for it.
- In case your Android TV still doesn’t appear in the Google Home app, then go to the “App Info” web page. Further, tap on “Storage and Cache” and then click on “Clear Storage.” Now, you should open the Google Home app and set it up from scratch.
- If none of the above-mentioned steps work, you can try hard resetting your Android TV. Further, you need to add your correct account. Once you do this, your Android TV will start showing on Google Home. Before you hard reset your Android TV, please be aware that hard resetting will format all your data, i.e., all your applications, local files, and preferences, from your internal storage. So, you should consider proceeding further only after you have taken backup of your crucial data.
So that’s how you can fix the issue with your Android TV and Google Home. In the steps mentioned above, we have tried to guide you through multiple ways to resolve the issue. We hope that you will be able to find a solution from the above-listed instructions.
Hey, this is Everleig Kelly. I love to write articles based on technology and gadget reviews to let individuals stay updated with digital life. This is a little effort from my side to let people gain knowledge about the latest technology and gadgets in trend. You can go through my blogs on usalocalmart.com