How to Download and Install the macOS Big Sur 11.1 Release Candidate to Mac?
macOS Big Sur is out for the public, but if you are a developer then, you should test the developer beta before Apple rolls out its new edition to the masses.
The guide will help you in downloading and installing the developer beta of macOS Big Sur. If you desire to download the recent version of Big Sur, then follow these straightforward instructions:
Creating Archived Backup of all your Mac Using Time Machine
It is always recommended to backup all your essential files and data. Mac provides easy access to install any update. Still, during some procedures, your device makes significant changes to the internal disc, so regular backup is necessary and advised for your device and data’s welfare.
Here is how to make an archived backup of all your data on Mac using Time Machine:
- First of all, ensure that your Mac is completely updated with the latest software.
- Now, connect the Time Capsule or External Hard Drive with USB, Thunderbolt cord, or FireWire.
- Then, press the Apple icon located at the top-left edge of your device’s screen.
- After that, choose the option System Preferences by navigating the pull-down menu.
- Next, choose the tab of Time Machine by reaching the System Preferences section.
- Now, turn On the Time Machine by sliding the On/Off bar.
- Then, tap on Select Backup Disc and then choose the disc you would like to use.
- The Time Machine will format your hard drive for the backing-up procedure and begin within two or three minutes.
Downloading macOS Big Sur Developer Beta
Follow these straightforward steps to download your Big Sur developer beta:
- First of all, use the link “developer.apple.com” to browse Apple’s developer site.
- After that, hit the option Discover.
- Then, tap on macOS.
- Next, hit the Download button there.
- Sign in with the developer account if asked to do so.
- Scroll down the page and then press the button Install Profile for macOS Big Sir. You need to wait for some time for the file to download automatically.
- Then, launch the Downloads window and then choose the option macOS Big Sur Developer Beta Access Utility.
- Now, Double-tap the pkg setup link “macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg” to run your installer.
- Once the installer finishes downloading the setup, System Preferences will check for an update automatically to macOS.
- Now, you have to hit the Update button to download and install the developer beta software. The installation procedure will automatically start once the download completes.
- In case the developer beta fails to appear on the Updates list, then restart the Mac and then launch the Mac App Store, followed by tapping the Updates option there.
Installing macOS Big Sur Developer Beta
Once macOS Big Sur finished the downloading procedure, you can easily install the software on your device by following these instructions:
- First and foremost, hit the Continue tab.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions section.
- Tap on Install and pursue on-screen directions to install macOS Big Sur.
- Mac will restart after a bit to install the Big Sur update. You will view a black display with an Apple icon with the progress bar. So, sit back calmly and grab a cup of coffee until the installation completes.
Installing macOS Big Sur Beta on a Partition
Here are the steps to install your macOS Big Sur Beta on a partition:
- Initially, create a partition on your Mac if you haven’t already done it.
- Then, press the Continue button once the download is finished and ready to install.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions section.
- Tap the Agree button to verify that you have successfully read the user guidelines and necessary conditions.
- Choose the option “Show All Disks” to switch from your primary screen.
- After that, hit the partition option you like to install the software on.
- Tap on the Install button there.
- Now, the installation helper will allow you to transfer data from your existing OS. You can also select to perform a clean installation to get started the Mac directly from scratch.
Getting Started with macOS Big Sur Developer Beta
Once your Mac restarts successfully, you have to set up with your Big Sur. To get started, you need to follow these straightforward steps:
- Hit the Continue button.
- You have to log in to the account using Apple ID and secure passcode. iCloud will automatically sync your desktop and other data files.
- Finally, hit the tab Get Started.
macOS provides regular updates to enhance the performance of the device. If you are a developer and wish to test out the latest macOS, Big Sur features, then quickly install the developer beta of the same using developer.apple.com. Make sure that you have created an archived backup of all your important files and data before going through any procedure.
Everleig is a Blog expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Everleig has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as 1yellowbook.com
Source: Big Sur 11.1