Do you want to organize your Mac’s desktop in no time? We will provide you some tips and tricks by which you can easily organize your Mac’s desktop.
Desktop plays a great role in keeping our mind fresh to enhance the productivity of the work. If the desktop is unorganized, you may feel sluggish or tired, but if it is well organized, you will work with enthusiasm and interest. A well-organized screen always attracts users and fills them with positive energy.
Here is how to organize the desktop of your Mac:
Adding Folders to your Desktop
One of the easiest ways to organize your desktop is to add folders that can easily organize apps into folders of different sections. Here is how:
- Firstly, right-click on an empty area of your Mac’s desktop.
- Then, select a New Folder. Alternatively, use three keys in one go: Cmd, Shift, and N on your keyboard.
- Tap the title of your folder you have recently created.
- Edit and change the folder’s name according to your preference.
- Tap on the Enter key.
- Follow the same procedure to create multiple folders for different sections.
- Now, you can easily drag and drop the items you want to keep in a separate folder. It provides a quick and convenient way to organize your Mac’s desktop.
Automatically Aligning and Sorting Desktop Items on Your Mac
- First of all, right-click the blank area on your Mac’s desktop.
- Hit the option Clean Up By.
- Now, select the tab you like. You can choose from several options like Kind, Name, Date Modified, Size, Date Created, and Tags.
Keeping All the Desktop Files in a Grid Information on Your Mac
Here are the directions to follow if you want to keep all your desktop files in the grid info right on your Mac device:
- Perform a right-click on a blank area over your desktop.
- Then, press the option Sort By.
- Now, tap on the Snap to Grid tab.
- After a while, all your files will be snapped into grids, and it will remain the same until you make changes to them. Follow the same procedure if you want to revert the process.
Changing Grid Spacing on Desktop Over Your Mac
Here is how to change or customize grid spacing on your desktop:
- Right-click on the blank area over your Mac’s desktop.
- Tap on Show View options.
- Now, adjust your grid spacing using the slider.
Adjusting the Size of Your Desktop Icons on Mac
You can change or modify your desktop icons’ size if you think that they are too large or small in appearance. To do the same, follow these provided instructions:
- Apply right-click on a blank space over your desktop.
- Tap the option, “Show View.”
- Adjust the size of the icons using the slider.
Managing Desktop Screen Using MacOS Stacks
You can easily organize your Mac’s desktop in stacks of files grouped in several sections using the built-in tool macOS Stacks.
Here is how to organize your desktop using Stacks:
- Select the View tab by navigating the Finder menu bar.
- Then, choose the Use Stacks option. You can easily right-click anywhere over your desktop. Then, select the option Use Stacks by navigating the shortcut menu.
Now that you know how to organize your Mac’s desktop using several tools and features, you can go ahead and choose any available options like creating separate folders, using Stacks, adjusting the size, changing grid spacing, and more.
Everleig is a Blog expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Everleig has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as usalocalmart.com