In this article, we have discussed the ways with which you can enable Nearby Share in Chrome. The AirDrop alternative by Google for Android users is out for a while. However, it was still missing on Chromebooks, but now the testing for Nearby Share is in progress, and it is available for use in the beta version as of now. It can be tested on Chrome OS 87. The users who want to use an AirDrop alternative on their Chromebook will not get any closest app feature to this one. Below we have mentioned the steps with which you can enable Nearby Share on your Chromebook.
How to Enable Nearby Share in Chromebook
As already stated above, the primetime version of Nearby Share is not ready for Chrome OS yet. When the feature will actually be released for Chromebook, it will come already enabled. However, if you want to use it right now, just to check its functioning, you can do so by enabling it on your Chromebook.
Turning on Nearby Sharing
Nearby Share can be enabled with just a few steps:
- On your Chromebook, you need to go to chrome://flags.
- Further, type ‘Nearby’ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Turn on the toggle for the ‘Nearby Sharing’ flag.
- Now, before restarting the Chromebook, search for ‘Share Sheet.’
- Further, you need to enable the toggle for the Share sheet too.
- Now you can restart the Chromebook.
Use Nearby Share in Chrome OS
Once you have enabled the feature on your Chromebook, follow the below-mentioned steps to use it. Nearby Share can be used for sharing any of your desired files that you have kept on your Chromebook.
- Go to the Files application.
- Further, choose your desired file that needs to be shared.
- On selecting the file, you will observe a new ‘Share’ icon appearing on the top. You need to click on that.
- Nearby Share will appear in the share options. Click on that.
- All the devices that have enabled Nearby Share will appear on your screen in the search results.
- Further, you can select the device with which you have to share the files.
Nearby Share — A Medium for Wireless Sharing of Chromebook Files
We appreciate Google’s efforts to bring AirDrop like features to Android. Nearby Share is definitely a prominent feature; users can use on their Chromebook. You should give Nearby Share a try if you haven’t used it yet. No doubt, it lets users send and receive files at a speed rate faster than the Bluetooth facility. Now that you are familiar with the steps to enable Nearby Share on your Chromebook, you should give it a try.
So, this was all about Nearby Share and the steps to enable it on your Chromebook. That’s all from us as of now.
Hey, this is Everleig Kelly. I love to write articles based on technology and gadget reviews to let individuals stay updated with digital life. This is a little effort from my side to let people gain knowledge about the latest technology and gadgets in trend. You can go through my blogs on ukwhere.com