A Guide on Combining Spotify Playlists
You might have created different playlists on Spotify for new songs every once in a while. Therefore, your playlist may end up looking messy, and it can be hard to find songs that might have been saved in several playlists.
If you’re one of those who’ve created various playlists and wish to put them together, you might want to merge them. Merging playlists is not a feature offered by Spotify; however, there are methods to do the same.
One straightforward method is to copy-paste songs from one playlist to another. This can also be done with the help of third-party tools.
Are you interested to know more about the two methods mentioned above? Read along to learn more!
Copy-Pasting Songs from One Playlist to Another
As mentioned above, the simplest method to combine Spotify playlists is to copy tracks from one or more playlists to another. Therefore, the steps to do the same are as follows:
- Launch Spotify on your Windows PC or Mac.
Note: You cannot perform the process on a mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Locate the playlist name from the left and click on the same to open.
- Press the ‘Shift’ key on the keyboard and select the first and last songs from the playlist.
- After selecting the songs, right-click to open the pop-up menu. Click on the ‘Add to Playlist’ option, and then select ‘New Playlist.’
All the selected songs will get copied to the new playlist. In case you want to delete the old playlist after creating the new one, right-click on the same. Now, select the ‘Delete’ option from the pop-up menu.
Using Third-Party Merge Playlist Tool
For the above-mentioned method, a desktop app and a manual process is required. However, if you want the playlists to merge automatically, you can use a third-party app named ‘Spotify Playlist Merger.’ Notably, it’s a great option for mobile users.
The steps to use the Spotify Playlist Merger are:
- Navigate to the ‘Spotify Playlist Merger’ website using any browser.
- Click on the ‘Connect with Spotify’ button on the home page.
- Enter your login information on the following page to sign in.
- A new window will open asking for access permissions. Click on the ‘Agree’ button.
- After signing in, you’ll be taken to the webpage of Spotify Playlist Merger. Enter the name of the playlist you want to merge in the ‘Playlist Name or Link’ box.
- Select the playlist from the menu and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, enter the name of your second playlist to merge with the same.
- The next window will ask you “Do you want to combine them into a new playlist?” Turn the slider on for the same to merge the playlist.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Enter the name for your new playlist in the ‘New Playlist Name’ box in the next window.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button to merge and end the process.
Following the steps mentioned above will merge the two playlists. Furthermore, the original playlist won’t get deleted until or unless you decide to remove the same.
That was easy, isn’t it? Now, you have two alternatives to combine the Spotify playlists. Therefore, follow whatever suits you the best. So, what are you waiting for? Declutter your Spotify app by deleting the songs you don’t listen to and create a new playlist.
Hey, this is Everleig Kelly. I love to write articles based on technology and gadget reviews to let individuals stay updated with digital life. This is a little effort from my side to let people gain knowledge about the latest technology and gadgets in trend. You can go through my blogs on peerny.com
Source: Spotify Playlists